John 14:18
"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed."
Psalm 82:3
We got AGCI packet last Thursday and I was like a kid on Christmas opening up the package! I had the kids by myself all day (Neil was out of town) and didn't get to it till about 10 at night but I read cover to cover. It was very exciting to have the info right at my fingertips when there is so much that you can't access online. It came with a book that I just started and a DVD that Neil and I will watch together.
Wow - this is just another step in this exciting journey of research. I continue to ask God for His guidance so I don't pass on what exactly He wants for us. The one thing that the packet kept saying is "the child God has chosen for you". LOVE that!
"We're committed to uniting your family with the child God has chosen for you."
"AGCI believes that, if God has called you to adoption, He has chosen a child for your family."
"We strive to assist families in detereming which program is right for them and ultimately, where God has chosen your child"
It was so amazing to think that even now, God knows all the details of this journey and ultimately the child who will be ours one day. He knows them by name!!
Someone else is embracing our family's desire to adopt - big sister Claire!!

She pointed through and said "I want to bring that girl/boy home." When she saw the Ethiopian page she asked "Is that Haiti?" So sweet. (She asks to pray for Haiti every night) Last night before bed she said "We're going to have a brother someday." I laughed and said I prayed we would. So she said "If he wants to play with my blue purse, I'll give it to him. And if he wants my star purse, I'll let him play with it." This is her new purse from Grandma that is sparkly and attached to her all day. I said "Your star purse?!" and she looked at me and said "mmmmmmm.... maybe not my star purse!" We talk freely about it around her and she will say things here and there that encourages me that her heart is as open to bringing someone into our family as we are.

No comments:
Post a Comment