Friday, February 5, 2010

The other story

As I'm following along with people's stories and holding on for the next post like pages in a fabulous book, I have really learned to realize there are two sides to the story. Yes, this family I'm reading about it will be bringing a baby home or has already met their sweet one but there was a really tough decision made for that to happen. The other story belongs to the birth families. The mother had to decide to give this child up because she couldn't take care of them one way or another or even more heartbreaking, she didn't want them. But either way, that child will always be part of her and she will always remember them. I couldn't imagine having to give my child up or tragically leaving my child behind. I want to remember to pray diligently for our child's birth family so that while we may be rejoicing in seeing our numbers get closer to #1, someone far away is getting closer to losing a child they love.

I read the most touching post the other night when some new parents got to meet their baby boy's birth mother and grandfather... a tear jerker for sure and it just really touched my heart. How blessed they were to get pictures all together, to ask questions, to hug the woman who gave him life, to have even more closure than most are able to get. Here is the link so that I will be able to get back to the story easily when we might be in the same boat or so that we can pray to be in the same boat.
http://pratterbox.blogspot.com/2010/02/121609-birthfamily-meeting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment